alpha/numeric soft keyboards ??

tianli

举人
I do not find much pleasure in the Palms Grafitti when entering pinyin and then tone ..you need to keep looking at each letter input or otherwise spend time editing the entry. I find the keyboard interface much better but it requires you to switch to numeric input (123) for the tone and then back again (abc). My mind is mid sentence and I need to stay focused but find the switching back and forth a distraction.

So some questions .....

• Do most Palm users input by grafitti ? (and therein should I use grafitti and just get more practised ...yuck!)
    Is it possible to install a SOFT alpha/numeric keyboard onto a palm TX? (I think I can hear a chorus of "NO" echoing off the walls)
    Are there Pocket PCs that have an alpha/num keyboard already? (Palm TX For Sale!!!...enquire here)
    Is there a trick that someone else finds useful?
    Or
    Does Ver 2 have tones on screen ??? (This seems to me to be the ideal ...does anyone have any experience with bribes??)
    Or
    Should I purchase a wireless keyboard ? (this would be acceptable for study but would make pleco a pain for travel)

.....mmmm

ipsi

状元
I believe there are alternative soft keyboards, though the ones that come to mind were designed to enable to you to type using your thumbs, as though you had a full qwerty keyboard (rather like the iPhone, really). But yes, Pleco 2.0 does have the tones on the keyboard, making it much easier! :)

Although, you may not be the only one with issues using Graffiti 2 on a TX: http://dougroberts.co.uk/technology/gra ... he-palm-tx. This may make your life more enjoyable.

tianli

举人
Wow!! I did'nt know if I should laugh or click on the file download link ..maybe late one night when no one is watching 8)

I must stress though that if Mike is thinking of holding-out on the on-screen tones for want of a bribe ...it was just going to be some photos of me dressed up in my wife's 'lippy' and 'fishnets' :shock:

Thanks ipsi ...