3.x Features to Consider Bringing Back

macman

Under the category of "Lots of features and settings from 3.x have been removed, and we may not end up bringing them back; please do let us know if there are any you particularly miss," there are two features that would be great to consider bringing back to 4.0.

1) "Copy Entry" in 3.x required only two interactions and it produced a complete entry including example sentences. With 4.0, it takes three interactions (with the last being "share full entry"), however the copied entry no longer includes example sentences.

2) In 3.x I really loved that when a character or word in the dictionary or the document reader is selected, that magnifier icon is available at the bottom left. This allows the selection to be quickly searched in the main dictionary with only two interactions.

macman

Please ignore my 2nd suggestion. I just noticed that under Settings--->Reader--->Toolbars--->legacy w/zoom, adds back this functionality. Yeah!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks.

On #1, are you referring to search results? (there is still a 'copy entry' function in the definition screen)

The lack of examples is because the formatting for those was always garbled and we felt like this would be cleaner.