3.2.12 Flashcard Bug

etm001

状元
Hi,

I recently upgraded to 3.2.12 and iOS 10. When flashcard testing I noticed that flashcards linked to CC dictionary entries displayed the wrong definition.
  • When displaying the flashcard answer, if I cycle through all available dictionary entries from the main flashcard screen, the correct CC entry is displayed and I can re-link the flashcard to the CC definition.
  • If I select to view the flashcard details, then select to change the dictionary entry, the incorrect CC definition is displayed at the top of the list (the currently linked definition) and the correct CC entry is displayed immediately below it.
I've attached a few sample pics that illustrate the problem.

On an unrelated note, after upgrading to 3.2.12/iOS 10, I noticed that advancing to the next card after marking a card correct/incorrect is slower - not enough to cause a major headache, but just enough to be noticeable to someone who has tested on many thousands of flashcards in Pleco.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 極細小 Flash.png
    極細小 Flash.png
    431.6 KB · Views: 406
  • 極細小 Definition.png
    極細小 Definition.png
    108.1 KB · Views: 409
  • 遮風避雨  Flash.png
    遮風避雨 Flash.png
    439.3 KB · Views: 401
  • 遮風避雨 Definition.png
    遮風避雨 Definition.png
    124 KB · Views: 387

PDF

Hi, I downloaded the 3.2.13 update last night and tried to take a test again this morning but the problem still seems to exist. Lots of cards with wacky definitions, have to change each one back to the correct definition. It still seems to be only affecting the CC dictionary.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Email us a backup of your flashcard database and we'll fix it for you. The problem is basically that any cards created in the buggy version would point to the wrong entries once we fixed the database again; we didn't have time to roll out a more intelligent solution (merging together cards with old and new IDs) because we were trying to turn around this bug fix urgently to minimize the damage. (submitted it to Apple about an hour after the first bug report, but it took them 3 days to approve it)

etm001

状元
Email us a backup of your flashcard database and we'll fix it for you.

I'm assuming that once I email the database, I'll have to wait for it to be returned before I can resume flashcard testing (because the returned database will overwrite the old database)?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That's correct, yes. To apply the fix manually, open your backup file in a SQLite database browser, execute the command:

UPDATE pleco_flash_cards SET dictcreator = NULL, dictid = NULL WHERE dictid = 1346585924 AND modified > 1473864963 AND defn IS NULL

which will make any CC-CEDICT-based cards that were modified since that buggy update was released point at no dictionary instead, then search for "incomplete" cards and remap them all to CC-CEDICT.