Zhuyin not appearing with an installed user dictionary

JD

状元
I'm curious why some of the Zhuyin pronunciations don't show up some times.

I have a Radical (部首) user dictionary installed that I grabbed from the File Exchange section of these Forums. When I reorder the dictionaries so that the Radical dictionary is first in the Chinese "Manage Dictionaries" setting, the Zhuyin doesn't appear for characters that appear in the Radical dictionary (like 犬 or 谷).

If I bump the user dictionary down so that other dictionary entries appear for the character first (like moving ABC to the top of the list), the Zhuyin appears just fine.

Is the user dictionary "missing" something that is causing the Zhuyin to short-circuit? I understand that this user dictionary is not a Pleco-endorsed download, but it seems odd that the Zhuyin would vanish when the character is correct and was found in other dictionaries too.

JD

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
It's a bit of missing code in the user dictionary entry renderer - doesn't quite have 100% of the functionality of the non-user dictionary one, in this case it seems to be missing the code for "show Zhuyin also." Anyway we'll try to address it in our next update, thanks.