Your assistance needed!

Tazzler

I've used your software for some time now. Just now I decided to play around with it and try some new things. I downloaded the demo 21 century dictionary which I don't know if it's my stupidity but I didn't see anything. So I deleted it and decided to stick with the basic dictionary I think came with it and which I've been using. But somehow that basic, complete dictionary has turned into a demo dictionary. I don't know how, I didn't think I messed with that. If I left the original dictionary alone why would it be affected if I just deleted a dictionary (demo) I had downloaded just minutes prior? How can I recover the full Pleco dictionary?

Thanks for the help (and the software of course! If I confused you, which I probably did, let me know and I'll explain again.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Tazzler said:
I've used your software for some time now. Just now I decided to play around with it and try some new things. I downloaded the demo 21 century dictionary which I don't know if it's my stupidity but I didn't see anything. So I deleted it and decided to stick with the basic dictionary I think came with it and which I've been using. But somehow that basic, complete dictionary has turned into a demo dictionary. I don't know how, I didn't think I messed with that. If I left the original dictionary alone why would it be affected if I just deleted a dictionary (demo) I had downloaded just minutes prior? How can I recover the full Pleco dictionary?

Sorry about that - sounds like you've been hit by the dreaded iOS 6 hardware ID reset bug. (it's Apple's fault - confirmed by several other developers - and they're working on a fix, but there hasn't been one yet) Anyway, if you go into the Pleco "Add-ons" screen and then tap "Restore iTunes Purchases," that should bring your purchases back, and do so in a way which is more resilient against the bug.

Tazzler

Thank you mikelove for the quick answer. To my surprise the problem seemed to resolve itself because when I took my iPod out of the charger and checked Pleco the full dictionary was available. I'm just going to be glad it simply went away and not waste any brain cells trying to figure out the reason why. ;)

Well, it's just about midnight here so I'm going to wish you a happy and successful 2013!