Youku subtitles to Pleco

Hello,

I try to watch movies on Youku, however they are usually a little bit too difficult for me, even with subtitles.

To make the input more comprehensible, I plan to
1. extract subtitles from the movie
2. export them to txt document
3. read them in Pleco reader
4. add difficult words to Pleco Flashcards
5. revise Flashcards
5. watch the movie again with/or without subtitles

However, I have no idea how to carry out the step 1. I know it is possible with Youtube, but it Yoku format seems to be different. Thanks in advance.

Bernard

ckatt

状元
As far as i know you can't extract the subtitles from youku. most videos from Chinese sources have the subs hard coded, so they are a part of the video and not something you can turn on or off. in some cases though, the subs are on the bottom black part of the screen so its not to hard to use the pleco ocer to read the characters. if you wanted to you could probable go through the whole move by adding the text to a reader file each time. this may seem like a big task but i bet you would learn more than i few new words buy the time you are done, thus making a subsequent watching that much easier to understand.
or an easier option might be to search for a Chinese subtitle file for the movie. .sub and .srt files can be opened as a text file so you could just change the extension to .txt and open it in pleco reader.

Thanks, I posted my questions on chinese forum as well and I got pretty much the same answer.
I was referred to schooter.cn as the best source of subtitles. Once I replace my Nexus 7 with Galaxy Note I will try to use OCR.

OCR can be used with pictures also. Click on the "settings" and choose "load picture".

Maybe a future add-on would be Pleco OCR for movies!