which dictionary should I buy?

Pleco is really the best e-Dictionary ever! I'm currently using free CC-CEDICT and hanyu da cidian which are great..but I'd like to have another dictionaries as supplementary.

So, some options I'm considering are Longman ACD or xiandai hanyu guifan cidian for C-C dictionary.
As for C-E/E-C are between ABC C-E dictionary or Oxford Chinese Dictionary.
Would you give me some recommendations please? ^^.

(I read from another post that xiandai hanyu guifan cidian is not fanti friendly and hard to get the update version. Are there any improvement for those problems?
And I can't compare Longman and xiandai hanyu because in demo version of Longman there's no explanation under the headword. )

Another question is right now I'm still using Pleco 2.4 , but I'll buy new phone next month. So if I buy "version 3 only" add ons now (via website), can I transfer it to my new phone later?

Taichi

榜眼
As for simplified C-C, I think xiandai hanyu guifan is the best. If you happened to study in Taiwan and need fanti dictionary
you can try the MOE dictionary (there is a thread on pleco forum).

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Guifan update problem is long gone, we've got the latest version now. But yes, it's not very fanti-friendly. For Longman, if you scroll down a bit in the browse demo entries screen you should be able to see some demo entries.

For C-E/E-C, Oxford's fanti conversions generally seem to be considered better than ABC's, at least we get far fewer complaints about them (in fact thus far I don't know if we've received a single one).

And yes, if you buy some v3-only add-ons now you'd certainly be able to use them on your new phone (assuming it supports v3).