Where have the "chars" gone?

Miguel

状元
Hi,
I just realized that in the dictionary, under the CHARS tab we can't longer see all the smaller characters and radicals that compound the character we have looked up in the dictionary.
For example, 们 we could see that it was compounded by 人(亻) and 门, but now I only see the radical from that character (人).

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Certainly should still be there - so there's no breakdown listed at all, just the radical? Might be that the file containing the data for that got corrupted or went missing; I'd suggest backing up your data, deleting Pleco and reinstalling it.

Miguel

状元
Any other way? it is happening in both my cellphone and my PC (Archon). I'm in China and downloading everything again takes a while, and also have to reload my personal dictionaries.

Last edited:

Miguel

状元
Well, finally it was one of the folders inside of "modules" that was missing. I've had to restore everything from scratch in my cellphone but for my pc I just had to copy that missing folder. Thanks, Mike. :)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Ah, yeah, that's my go-to recommendation because it's the easiest thing to explain to not-always-very-tech-savvy users but certainly replacing the specific files works too :)