what changes selected search dictionary?

For example, I select "Merged Multi-dict Search" as my dictionary. I do some stuff, no problem. Some time later, after using my phone for other things, I find that the dictionary selected for a new search is some other dictionary. I've never been able to manually reproduce this behavior. I've never been able to catch the moment when the selected dictionary changed, but I've finally decided to ask here about it. All I know is that some time after selecting "Merged Multi-dict Search," in another Pleco session, I notice that the selected dictionary is something else. If this is normal behavior, what sequence of actions causes the change? Or is this the symptom of a bug?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
JimmyTheSaint said:
For example, I select "Merged Multi-dict Search" as my dictionary. I do some stuff, no problem. Some time later, after using my phone for other things, I find that the dictionary selected for a new search is some other dictionary. I've never been able to manually reproduce this behavior. I've never been able to catch the moment when the selected dictionary changed, but I've finally decided to ask here about it. All I know is that some time after selecting "Merged Multi-dict Search," in another Pleco session, I notice that the selected dictionary is something else. If this is normal behavior, what sequence of actions causes the change? Or is this the symptom of a bug?

Due to some legacy code issues that we're still working on, Pleco can't initially start up in merged multi-dict mode, so if it gets killed in the background it'll go back to another dictionary when you restart it. However, as soon as you actually type in a search it'll return to merged multi-dict mode if that's what it was in when it exited.

Actually, I get switched out of multi-dict quite often. I also observed this behavior:

On my phone, with multi-dict selected I enter "hui2shi4." Then, at the head of the "hui2shi4" string, I add "dang." As soon as I type the 'd', it changes to ABC dictionary. From then on, ABC remains selected until I manually re-select multi-dict.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
JimmyTheSaint said:
Actually, I get switched out of multi-dict quite often. I also observed this behavior:

On my phone, with multi-dict selected I enter "hui2shi4." Then, at the head of the "hui2shi4" string, I add "dang." As soon as I type the 'd', it changes to ABC dictionary. From then on, ABC remains selected until I manually re-select multi-dict.

That's because it's not finding an exact match - we should hopefully be able to address this issue much sooner.