User's Dicts: absent in Dictionary screen, present in History/Dictionary

Hi, Mike

When I look up a word of more than one character in the dictionary, only the non user's dictionaries come up on the right side of the screen (please, see image 1).
But if, after that, I go to History/Dictionary, all the dictionaries come up, included non user's (please, see image 2).
And when I look up a one character word in the dictionary, I can see all the dictionaries (please, see image 3).
I wonder whether that's the way Pleco normally works, or whether I've changed some setting without noticing.

Thank you for any comments or suggestions.

Image 1.PNG Image 2.PNG Image 3.PNG

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Are all of the missing entries grouped under the second entry in the first screen? Seems like the problem might be that your user dictionaries don't include fanti and your non-user dictionaries do - it would generally just merge them all anyway, though; by any chance does one of your user dictionaries include both an entry for 上课 without fanti and an entry for it with fanti? Pleco uses that as a hint that this is a meaningful difference (a case where different fanti = different meaning) and might decide to separate them in that case.

Thank you, Mike
Problem solved. I guess I could not see the user dictionary because in the file text I imported the field for the pinyin was missing.
真不好意思!