TTS not working

Sergiolong

Hi. Please help
I can't seem to get Pleco's TTS to work. I used to paste news articles into Pleco's Clip Reader and listen to TTS. That option is not working, I tap the button, but nothing happens.
When I go Settings -> Audio -> Sentence Audio, I see:
  • System TTS Engine: Speech Services by Google
  • System TTS Settings:
    • Preferred engine: Speech Services by Google
    • Language: Use system language
  • TTS Voice: Cycle voices

I'd appreciate any help in this matter

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
If you tap on System TTS Settings, are you able to select Chinese as your default TTS language + play a sample of Chinese audio from there?

Sergiolong

Hi. Thanks for replying. I did what you said:
  • I went to Settings -> TTS
  • Changed language to Mainland China Chinese.
  • I could hear the audio sample
Still, Pleco's TTS not working

Attachments

• tts.jpg
    tts.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 115

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Is there any other TTS engine you can select besides that one? Maybe another one built into your phone (what model of phone?) or one you can download from Play Store?

I should add that this isn't actually our TTS engine, we're just hooking into the system one; we do offer several of our own TTS engines in the "Add-ons" screen as additional purchases. Unfortunately though with the system TTS we have limited ability to deal with problems since we didn't write it, which is why we sometimes suggest trying other engines when Google's for whatever reason doesn't work.

Sergiolong

Yes, there are two: Google and Samsung. Currently, the one in operation is Google.
Maybe you can tell me how to uninstall/reinstall the TTS service I have?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
You can generally do that through Google Play. Or you could switch to the Samsung TTS and see if it works any better - sometimes it does.