Trouble launching Pleco on Classic on Pre

sab15

Hi,

I just got my Pre and am trying to install Pleco on the Classic application. I copied all of the following files into the ClassicApps/Install folder on the Pre:

The app, PlecoDict, and the following other files I see in my PalmUs/Backup folder on my computer:

PlecoDict_Flashcards
PlecoDict_Font_18
PlecoDict_Font_24
PlecoDict_FHanwang_Library
PlecoDict_HWR_Database
PlecoDict_User_DB_C-E
pnoJpegLib - was't sure if this was a Pleco file but it had the same timestamp as the other ones so I copied it just in case.

Pleco is now on my Pre but when I go to launch it I get the following error message:

"Cannot locate any dictionary files. Please double check that you correctly installed the files to RAM or the PALM/Launcher directory on your flash memory card"

I redid copying the files but tried this time to copy them into the ClassicApps/Palm/Launcher folder on the Pre since the message mentioned that folder. But, it still gets the same error message.

Am I missing any files? If so, exactly which Pleco files do I need to copy over to the Pre to make it work?

Thank you very much.

Steven

sab15

Thanks Mike. It's working now. Since I purchased Pleco a long time ago I had lost many files on my hard drive after reinstalling my operating system - Pleco included it seems.

sab15

Hi Mike,

I just ran into some issue with the handwriting recognition files - the 2 in the Handwriting Recognizer folder. When I move them over to the Pre and restart Pleco it works. But, if I then close down Pleco in the Pre and reopen it, I get the following message:

"Cannot locate the handwriting recognition data files. Please make sure you've installed all the necessary files and that you've installed them to RAM and NOT to a flash memory card"

If I go through the procedure again and copy the 2 files on to the Pre it works again. But, once I close it and reopen it doesn't find them.

Any ideas on this one?

Thanks.

Steven

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Might want to try upgrading to version 2; actually that's a good idea anyway since it includes an option for a fullscreen handwriting box that's more finger-friendly than anything in version 1. And it's a free upgrade - see the installation instructions at http://plecoforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1824 to get it on your system, then log on to the "My Orders" page on our website and enter the System ID you get whenever you open Pleco 2.0 into the "Activate Pleco 2.0" box - that will get you a new keyfile you can use to unlock version 2 on your Pre.