Transfer flashcards from old to new iphone

Regina

Dear forum members
I have two iphones with the same pleco app. When I try to transfer my cards from the old to the new iphone within the same wlan by bluetooth I can see both devices in the 'share files'. When I tipp on the name of the old device I can choose a xml file.
I get a message on the new phone to accept the choosen file. File share request. When I answer with 'yes' nothing happens.
So maybe you can help me, sorry but English is not my motherlanguage.
Thank you in advance
Regina

Shun

状元
Dear Regina,

if the file sharing doesn't work over the WLAN, you could also try Bluetooth by disabling the WLAN on both devices and enabling Bluetooth on both. It's a little slower, but that doesn't matter for a one-time operation. However, instead of exporting to XML, you should choose "Backup Database" on the old device (under Import/Export), copy the file you saved to the new iPhone from the File Manager, and "Restore Database" on the new iPhone. That way, the new iPhone's flashcard setup will really be identical to the old one's, including the settings. You could also make a general Settings backup and copy those over, too. (under Settings > "Backup Settings and/or History")

You're welcome,

Shun

Regina

Hi Shun
and thank you for your quick answer and help.
I took the way by the 'Backup Database' and the dropbox, which also is described in the manual ;)
Thank you once more everything worked out fine.
Greetings from Vienna
Regina

Shun

状元
Hi Regina,

I didn’t dare (= wagen) to refer you to the manual, so I just explained everything. ;)

Greetings to Vienna.

Shun

pdwalker

状元
Just for reference: some wifi hotspots won't allow devices on the same channel to communicate with each other directly. It's basically a wireless security feature with some wifi access points - and that may have been the problem the original poster was facing.

(Fortunately, it led him to a better solution to his problem)

Shun

状元
Yeah, sometimes they’re not even on the same subnet—if it’s a corporate or a university WLAN.