Traditional Chinese Flashcards add Simplified Characters, how to remove the simplified?

Like the title says, Pleco's flashcards system (I imported a TOCFL deck from the flashcard exchange) is adding the simplified characters to the right in brackets. It's kind of distracting, I only want to see the traditional characters! Is there a way to stop it from doing that? I checked the text file and the simplified characters aren't in there so I believe it's being added in on Pleco's side.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
It is, yes. New Test / Display / Force Character Set - set it to Trad-only and that will hide the simplified characters.

Shun

状元
Hi, this is very easy to accomplish. You simply have to select all the flashcards/categories you wish to strip of the Simplified characters in Organize Flashcards, then choose Batch and select the Remove Simplified headwords command. Alternatively, if you disabled Fill in missing fields in Import Flashcards, the Simplified headwords wouldn't be added in the first place, but if there was anything else missing, that wouldn't be filled in, either.

Edit: Simultaneous reply, now you can choose. :)