Switching default lookup dictionary?

Armin

Hi!

I just buyed the german dictionaries FLTRP Chinese-German and German-Chinese and would like to be able to see/lookup the german definitions. If I search for a chinese word it would be nice to see the FLTRP dictionary entries on the left side in the search results, which is possible by switching to the FLTRP dictionary with pressing the "C" button nearby the search field. BUT what I wonder is if I do, in the details on the right side, when I choose a dictionary entry from the search result, I Only can see the FLTRP definitions definitions anymore, there is then no possibility anymore to also see the other definitions of the other dictionaries, if I want to see them to (for example have a second german dictionary installed). How can I have Pleco show me the german dictionary results on the left side, but can see all dictionies on the right side, like with the default search, where I can collapse and uncollapse several dictionary entries?

I would appreciate if someone could help me with that, as it feels quite inconvenient to switch back to the default search every time I also want to see the other dictionaries definitions, which I do quite often when analyzing a characters meaning for my studies.

Best regards

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Go into Settings / Manage Dictionaries and put that dictionary on the top of the list. Or, create a new "dictionary group" (Manage Dictionary Groups) just for German-Chinese dictionaries and switch to that instead of [E].

Armin

Go into Settings / Manage Dictionaries and put that dictionary on the top of the list. Or, create a new "dictionary group" (Manage Dictionary Groups) just for German-Chinese dictionaries and switch to that instead of [E].

Thank you for your help!
I didn't figure out that I can change the sort order with the lined buttons on the right side, already searched for how to do :)
Changing the order does exactly what I want, thanks, that's great! :D