Searchable definition

When doing a single entry search in Pleco, the words in the definitions are searchable. I find this very useful. While many of the definitions in the Chinese to Chinese dictionaries are informative, there are still difficult words yet to be learned. Can this function (Searchable definition) be implemented when using Pleco for pdf reading (OCR layer) as well? This would be useful for book reading and advanced Chinese learning. While it might not be the aesthetically best choice to have a pop-up screen on a pop-up screen, could this be solved by having this only as an option for users to manually turn on in the preferences/setup? I did raise this issue a year ago but would like to inquire one more time as I think this option would be a great addition to an already great product. Thanks.

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
To be honest I'm not convinced this would be better than the current system, where you tap on the arrow button at the top left corner of the screen to bring up the definition on a separate page - it's only one tap and then you have a much nicer interface for digging into the details of a word.