Samsung SGH-i900 (Onmia)

F_Kal

举人
Has anybody tried pleco 2.0 on this device? I'm interested in buying it, but not unless it can run pleco ;)

It runs 2.0 just fine and I'm pretty impressed. The lanyard is a little strange but doesn't really worry me. The difficult part for me was the connection between my PC (running Windows XP sp3) and the phone through ActiveSync 4.5, the connection software provided with the Windows Mobile 6.1 OS. Apparently there is an incompatibility that Microsoft has yet to address.

In the end I had to roll back sp3, then on the Samsung go to Start --> Settings --> USB to PC and uncheck the checkbox for "Enable advanced network functionality". Once done, the whole installation went like clockwork.

cirrus888

秀才
I used Vista's Mobile Device Centre to install pleco on the omnia. It installed without any problems.

The phone itself runs pleco with no problems.

ianb

秀才
I use the Omnia as well. It works ok, If you look at my recent post it shows you how I set it up. I don't have the compatability issue above, but im running Vista Business

cirrus888

秀才
I have no problems installing pleco on the Omnia using Vista (mobile device centre).

Pleco runs very well on it. It also runs on WM6.5 (omnia)

The phone itself is very buggy and I can see myself changing it as soon as a decent WM phone pops up.

Is there any chance that the new Nokia touchscreen phones can be used in the future using Symbian?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
It's unlikely that we'll be developing a Symbian version of Pleco anytime soon, but you might be able to run the Palm OS version of Pleco on them with StyleTap - we've had some other customers report success doing that.