repeated crashing leading to manual reset of Pleco

Keith

I tap Pleco when it is running in background and it then crashes out to the OS desktop. Pleco is clearly still running (frozen) in background and the only way to reset it is to force an exit then turn off the wifi, turn on the Pleco reset button and fire it up anew; the manual reset will not work if the wifi is on. This only troubles me because it happens repeatedly and frequently, i.e. a few times a day. My question: apart from deleting the app and reinstalling (which I hesitate to do as I am not 100% sure how to retain my flashcard database) is this a known problem and is there something I might try to fix it? I am running the latest OS9.2.1 on a mini iPad and the Pleco installation is up-to-date.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Not a known problem, no. Are you using iCloud sync? Turn it off if so. Also, have you been sending us your crash logs? (there should be a prompt to do that when you reopen Pleco after a crash) If so, PM me your Registration ID so we can check it against our server to see if we can figure out what's causing the crash. If you haven't been sending them, please do so the next time Pleco crashes, or if you already disabled the prompt to send crash logs you can re-enable it in Settings / Miscellaneous.

Keith

Thanks for the prompt feedback - I have been experimenting. 1) Turning off iCloud resolves the "freezing" problem but means I lose access to my flashcard database, which I need; advice on how to store/back-up the flashcards elsewhere would be useful. 2) I should not have referred to "crashing" as the problem is really "freezing in background" which means I am manually forcing an exit, so I never see a crash report option. 3) I suppose that if I delete and reinstall the app while iCloud is turned off then I will be able to re-load the flashcard database thereafter, but I'm so neurotic about losing the database.