Question regarding licensing

pdwalker

状元
Mike,

A question for you:

What exactly are the licensing terms for the addons? Specifically, I'm looking to find out how many IOS devices that I personally useI can install the addons for given a single registration ID.

For example, I have two ipads and an iphone that I'd like to use pleco on. Do you require I get a separate license for both? At the moment, I actually can install it on those three devices for most of your dictionaries I've currently purchased with the Outlier dictionary being the only exception (one device only).

I'm just looking for clarification, so I'm not inadvertently cheating you.

Thanks,

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
You can install Outlier in all three too, just copy over the Registration ID. For iOS our general policy is that we let you use it on as many devices as Apple lets you activate your Apple ID on (and actually that's an Apple requirement).

pdwalker

状元
Thank you for the clarification.

As for why I couldn't reactivate the outlier dictionary on a new device, it appears that I've got at least three different registration ids associated with my itunes account, and they all work. However, when I activated the outlier dictionary on one of the devices, it was tied specifically to one of the IDs.

Updating the registration id to match the one with the outlier dictionary allows it to install.