Pronounciation training with Google Speech Recognition

NomekSan

举人
Hi,

maybe this is an odd question, I don't know.

I was wondering if it is a good way to use google speech recognition to practice pronounciation in self study.
I spend two hours today shouting at google to understand me and it went well for some sentences and for some others it went really bad. So I wonder if this is a good way or if this would lead me to sth. bad.

My idea with this is that if you use google speech recognition, you have to speak very clearly. Even in german, which is my first language, you have to speak like to someone who is learning that language. So I figured: if Google understands me than anybody else would too.

There are some sentences that just wont be recognized like 你讲德国语吗?The word 讲 is either impossible for me to pronounce or it is just a hard pronouncable word that is therefore hard for google to understand.

Another hard thing for me was to tell google that "We have an exam today", Google insisted that "We have a supermarket or a teacher today". It made me laugh quite a lot sometimes :D

Back to my question: is this a good way to practice? (No need to figure out that this is absolutely not the best way).

Thanks.