Possible to test only part of a flashcard category?

rhizome

秀才
I have flashcard lists for entire chapters, some 30 odd words. When I study the chapters, I like to divide the category up into smaller sets for tests. E.g. day one learn 1-15, day two 16-30. Is it possible to do this in Pleco?

I tried using "limit new cards" and setting it to 15 but that doesn't seem to work.
Thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yes - tap on the (i) button next to the category and there's a command there to automatically split it into multiple smaller child categories.

rhizome

秀才
Awesome! Thanks.

Ehm, except, for one category I get the message "Duplicate category: another category with the same name already exists in this location- please change the category name before moving it". I changed the name of the lesson (from L02 to L02!a) but that doesn't make a difference. Also, I'm not trying to move it, just split it?

Last edited:

HW60

状元
Yes - tap on the (i) button next to the category and there's a command there to automatically split it into multiple smaller child categories.
Where can we find "the (i) button next to the category"? Flashcards, Settings? I would like to try it.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
@rhizome - that's odd; how many levels deep is this category?

@HW60 - on Android it's a popup menu instead; tap-hold on the category name and choose "Split" from the menu that pops up.

rhizome

秀才
it's 3 levels i guess: AV Chinese >B5 > L02. There are probably more L02s in the other books (B1 - B4), which is why I changed the name, but that doesn't help.

The one that does work is at the first level.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
The system only goes 3 levels deep at the moment, so that explains the problem - we need a better error message though.