Pleco to paper flashcard maker?

driftwork

秀才
Hi Folks,

I'm wondering if there are any programs that will easily allow me to export my PLECO flashcard lists and create two-sided paper flashcards out of them?

I use the PLECO flash-card feature for 80 percent of my studies but I also would like to create some paper versions as well.

Part of the reason for this is that I'm still using my old TREO 750V for PLECO (anxiously awaiting the Android port) and I'm starting to feel some eye strain when using such a small back lit screen.

I'm sure I won't have any trouble when I pick up my HTC HD or whatever but I need a paper flashcard program in the meantime.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
If you have / are proficient in MS Office, one idea that comes to mind would be to open up your exported Pleco flashcards in Excel, save them as an Excel spreadsheet, then do a mail merge from that spreadsheet in Word - easy way to take data from a text file and output the formatted contents of each row on a separate page. You'll want to use the "Free dict defns" and "remap" options in the Export Cards screen to make sure that most cards come with definitions, though.

nicogo

I confirm that it is the best way to customize your flashcards in paper. I have tried various softwares, but they never give you the document as you would like to see it, whereas, if you do it on your own, you can add, for exemple, the mnemonics associated to each character (on the other side), the creation number, the chapter name if you want to link the flashcards to a book and then sort them a different way.
I did the merge from a Word document containing an extract of Plecodict flascards into another Word document containing the flascard format.