Pleco Reader: recall overwritten clipboard content

etm001

状元
Desired functionality: cache "n" number of clipboard texts that have been opened in Pleco reader. Allow the user to browse/recall this clipboard text.

Explanation: I'll copy text from a web article to my clipboard, then start reading it in Pleco reader. Quite often I'll pause my reading in order to perform some task - writing an email, sending an instant message, etc. - only to find that when I return to Pleco reader my content has been overwritten with the latest text in my clipboard. I have to locate the original content I wanted to read and copy it back to the clipboard for reading in Pleco.

If there's first class functionality or a work-around, I'd love to hear it, as I find myself doing this all the time (I use Pleco reader almost exclusively on my Android phone, not my iPad). Also, an alternative solution might be to provide content "lock" or "protect" option in Pleco reader. That is, after I've opened Pleco reader and the content is displayed, I can lock/protect it from future clipboard overwrites.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
You could use the current 'save' function to save it to a text file - the reader will automatically shift into text file mode (and not refresh based on the clipboard) if you do. We already have a clipboard history function in the iOS version, though.