Pleco on Huawei Honor 5A

zang

秀才
When I try to install Pleco on my phone, I get a first message saying 'The application runs poorly on your device'. If I understand the risk, install anyway, I get one last prompt where it says: The app may crash, display poorly, or does not run smoothly on this device. It may result in equipment damage or loss of data if you insist on installing and using this app.

Any thoughts

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Where are you installing from? If it's from our website then this is probably just the standard system warning for installing apps from outside of their store.

zang

秀才
I'm installing from the thing that came with the device (vague, I know, but I'm new to the android system, not sure how to describe it.) it's a small window on the home page that says: 必备应用, (essential applications).

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That's odd, we aren't even listed in Huawei's app store. Could you possibly send a screenshot of that window and another screenshot of our store listing? (perhaps it's a very old version of Pleco or something)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sorry; "that window" = the small window on the home page that you mentioned, "store listing" = the screen you got to when you tapped on Pleco in that window.

zang

秀才
webwxgetmsgimg
webwxgetmsgimg
webwxgetmsgimg
webwxgetmsgimg

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sorry, those don't seem to be coming through here - looks like they're links to WeChat messages.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks.

This is in fact a buggy old version of Pleco - can't seem to figure out which store it's coming from, though, we're not listed in the Huawei app store at all and "必备应用" doesn't seem to be the main brand name of any other app store.

Anyway the best way to install Pleco in your case would just be to type pleco.com/getandroid in your phone's web browser - that should install a nice clean version directly from us.