Pleco on HTC Touch Pro2

ardedou

Hi all,

Thinking about buying HTC touch pro2 to run Pleco. Not to bothered by WM, and features seem to be good for me. Also, regardless of the price, what is considered the best handset for pleco? (comfort and stability wise)

Any feedback about Touch pro2 with Pleco? Is the keyboard usable with pleco? Alternatively, I can get an Iphone, despite the fact that I don't like touchscreen much for typing, and wait for pleco to be validated to enter the iphone sacred apps community.

Thanks

ldolse

状元
The earlier HTC incarnations with keyboards have all worked fine, no reason the touch pro2 would be any different. The biggest thing you want to look for in a PDA outside of the keyboard preference is a large, hi-res screen, which the Touch Pro2 has in spades.

If you were still feeling a bit worried what you could do is manually install the Pleco demo on a MicroSD card and pop the card into the phone at the store to test drive it. I've done that when shopping for new WinMo phones just to see how Pleco would look (not for compatibility testing though, which I've never had a problem with).

ardedou

Thanks Idolse!

Do you know any other GPA with keyboard that could do the job? (Big and responsive screen, qwerty keyboard)

ldolse

状元
Xperia is the only one standard smartphone that I know of that also fits the bill and has a keyboard. If you don't care about having the phone function there is another thread about the Samsung Mondi, but most people want the phone and PDA in one.

If you can get the HTC advantage(or replacements) that would be the biggest screen and keyboard with phone functions, but that's a bit too big for many people's preference.

daniel123

榜眼
ardedou said:
Do you know any other GPA with keyboard that could do the job? (Big and responsive screen, qwerty keyboard)

The Samsung Omnia Pro B7610 will be out soon. It has also a hardware keyboard, a faster CPU than HTC TP2, it is about one inch smaller but in my opinion still big enough and much cheaper.
It should be available in August or September. I am looking forward to buy it.

ardedou

daniel123 said:
ardedou said:

The Samsung Omnia Pro B7610 will be out soon. It has also a hardware keyboard, a faster CPU than HTC TP2, it is about one inch smaller but in my opinion still big enough and much cheaper.
It should be available in August or September. I am looking forward to buy it.

It looks like a very interesting alternative. But the phone is not out yet, so it is hard to talk about the price no?

daniel123

榜眼
ardedou said:
It looks like a very interesting alternative. But the phone is not out yet, so it is hard to talk about the price no?

Well, I just can talk about Germany. Here you can already order it at several shops for example like Amazon. The price of the Samsung Omnia Pro is about 100 Euro cheaper than the HTC TP2. This price is fix. I already ordered it. So the price cannot rise but just fall. I am looking forward when it will be available during the next weeks.

I think it will be the same in other European countries. I do not know about the price in US or Asia but I guess tendency will be similar.

dcarpent

榜眼
I'm using Pleco on an HTC Touch Pro2 and am very happy with it. One thing I like is that, unlike the Omnia, the TouchPro2 has a built-in stylus. The Omnia stylus is separate and has to be attached to the phone by a string, which seems rather dumb to me. This is a small point of course. But I like to have a stylus available, even though I don't always use one. I'll admit, however, that the Omnia was the runner-up on my list.