Pleco on HTC Legend

Marylee

Hi there, I love this App and it works fine on my HTC Legend... However, I have trouble installing Add-Ons. When I try to download free Add-Ons inside Pleco, the download always fails after a few seconds, even though I have a fast internet connection. I followed the instructions on http://www.pleco.com/androidextfiles.html to get the "Additional Free Add-ons" bundle installed, but these Add-ons never show up in my Pleco after transferring them to the phone. Do I miss a step? Thanks, Marylee

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Marylee said:
Hi there, I love this App and it works fine on my HTC Legend... However, I have trouble installing Add-Ons. When I try to download free Add-Ons inside Pleco, the download always fails after a few seconds, even though I have a fast internet connection. I followed the instructions on http://www.pleco.com/androidextfiles.html to get the "Additional Free Add-ons" bundle installed, but these Add-ons never show up in my Pleco after transferring them to the phone. Do I miss a step? Thanks, Marylee

Are you sure you put them in the right place? What's the exact file path to those add-ons on your SD card?

Marylee

mikelove said:
Are you sure you put them in the right place? What's the exact file path to those add-ons on your SD card?

Hi Mike, I put them into
/sdcard/data/com.pleco.chinesesystem/files/modules/

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Marylee said:
mikelove said:

Hi Mike, I put them into
/sdcard/data/com.pleco.chinesesystem/files/modules/

But then where are the files inside of that? Are they in a bunch of numbered folders in that "modules" folder?

Also, try quitting and then reopening Pleco via Settings / Applications / Running Applications - that normally should happen anyway when you mount your device's SD card on your computer, which is why we don't include it in the instructions, but it's possible it might not be happening on your device.