Pleco ignoring "preferring file" Definition source setting

jyh

秀才
Greetings,

I am having problems with Pleco for iOS erratically ignoring the flashcard definitions from my file (I am making flashcards of the DeFrancis "Intermediate Chinese Reader") and replacing them by that of one of the dictionaries on my iPhone. What's very strange is that it only happens for some of the flashcards. All my flashcards are in the format
simplified[traditional]<tab>pinyin<tab>english
I checked them all and couldn't find any weird invisible characters in the lines defining cards that load incorrectly.

The problem seems to be restricted to 1-character words (about 3/4 load incorrectly) and 2-character words (about 1/4 load incorrectly). I can't find any pattern to predict/explain which cards will load fine and which won't. I am attaching a small sample of cards that work and cards that don't (no need to criticize the definition: they are not mine but DeFrancis's ;)). Any idea what's wrong with my cards?

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• brokenCards.txt
    934 bytes · Views: 438

Shun

状元
Hi,

do you have "Duplicate entries" set to Allow? If it's set to "Merge Cats", it will take the definition/dictionary associated with a card that's already in the flashcard database.

Regards, Shun

jyh

秀才
Hi,

do you have "Duplicate entries" set to Allow? If it's set to "Merge Cats", it will take the definition/dictionary associated with a card that's already in the flashcard database.

Regards, Shun

This indeed solved my problem! I remember changing the setting to "Allow" several years ago, but it must have reverted to the default the last time I reinstalled Pleco. Thanks a lot, Shun.

Best Regards,
jyh.