Pinyin of 薄饼 incorrect in HDC

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Quite right, thanks!

With "Protest.," from the content of that entry and the fact that the dictionary was written by Jesuits I'm guessing it means "Protestant."

zsfzzo

秀才

Attachments

• IMG_0867.PNG
    IMG_0867.PNG
    130 KB · Views: 677
  • IMG_8761.jpeg
    IMG_8761.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 646

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Looks like a conversion issue on our end - we'll fix it the next time we update GR, thanks.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sorry, which radical information do you mean? If you want the radical for a character you can get that at the top of the "CHARS" tab.

zsfzzo

秀才
Central numbers after rad. above of character (radical number in 康熙字典's order - number of strokes of the character minuses the number of strokes of radical)
And if the character belongs to 540 radicals of 說文解字, there is also a note of that just at the right of the character. (I can't take a picture for you this time:), I returned from library)

Besides, in the browsing mode, I would like to see options for thematic collections calligraphy for example. Usually the word belonging to one sphere is marked by one abbreviation before, so it's quite easy for Pleco's great technical staff I think.
Sorry, which radical information do you mean? If you want the radical for a character you can get that at the top of the "CHARS" tab.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 668
Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Ah, stroke counts seem like a logical thing to add to our Radical info in Chars - thanks.

We'll see if we can get that 說文解字 in too.

As far as searching by tags, this one we're still working on - the basic problem is that every dictionary has a different system of tags and a lot of them don't really map cleanly to each other. In GR's case the problem is compounded by the fact that they don't tag abbreviations in the data files (often no way to identify a particular abbreviation except by a find-and-replace for it with some manual checking to make sure we don't pick up a lot of unrelated things).

But once we solve that data file problem the main issue is coming up with a UI to let people search for specific tags in a specific dictionary - will have something to do with the larger relationship between the Search and Browse screens that we're currently working through, clearly we need some way to do a search on a specific dictionary but the current approach of awkwardly tap-holding on the dictionary switch button to pick that dictionary really doesn't seem ideal.