Outlier Linguistic bugs

JD

状元
I tried to browse the usage notes under Manage Dictionaries for Outlier Simplified and it hung Pleco.

iPad Air running latest iOS.

JD

Attachments

• IMG_1472.PNG
    IMG_1472.PNG
    263.1 KB · Views: 373

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yeah, that's actually mentioned in the Outlier release announcement - basically, some of the usage notes are an order of magnitude bigger than what that system was designed for (due to having a bunch of embedded SVGs in them) and that exposed a couple of previously unknown bugs which we'll address in our next update.

Displaying them in the dictionary works fine, though (and isn't silently screwing things up or whatever), it's only the browser that's bugged.

Reactions: JD
I was going to ask how to browse the entries in the new Outlier dictionary, since the documentation only shows how to browse the dictionary from the current word lookup screen, but I see that you can also do it from the manage dictionaries page! So, a brief note here to add something to the documentation as well for this.

Or, maybe a sticky note for a few weeks on how to browse the new dictionary's entries...

JD

状元
Yeah, that's actually mentioned in the Outlier release announcement

Whoops! I got so excited when I read the email with the activation code and then downloaded it and started exploring. I never even read the official announcement which was ten or so emails later.