No iCloud backup, everything lost

Hello,

two questions,

- I restored my device, but couldn't find any recent iCloud backup (strange). Using iCloud in China is very troublesome anyway. Any other way to get my flashcards back ? Any suggestions for the future ?

- When making new flashcards, I always get the Pleco dictionary entry. Is it possible to make new flashcards from other dictionaries immediately, without the trouble of changing dictionaries all the time?

Thanks a lot,

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Maybe try putting your device on a VPN and restoring from an iCloud backup then? Not really any other way to restore it unless you backed it up somewhere else - there wouldn't be a copy backed up anywhere else unless you backed it up manually. In the future, you can manually back up cards with the steps at pleco.com/ipmanual/flash.html#backupdatabase.

If you put another dictionary on top in Manage Dictionaries it'll be the default for new cards - if you want PLC to still be on top then the only way to directly create a card from another dictionary would be to long press its abbreviation icon in the definition screen and choose "Add to Flash."