No erhuayin 儿化音 pronounciation recordings

Mehdi

举人
Hello,

I have checked few words, but I guess this must be the same for each case. When a mandarin word is generally pronounced, or appeared some times to be pronounced with thee rhotisation, the recording every time pronounce fully the suffix er 儿. Should it be possible to have this problem solved?

Because it is a particularly of mandarin pronounciation in comparison with European languages, and often it is quite hard to pronounce without someone or a recording say to us before.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Do you have our extended audio add-ons? Or TTS? The free syllable-by-syllable can't really do a good job with trailing 'r's because you can't really make them sound right by piecing together single syllables.

Mehdi

举人
Yes I have all of them but the "liaison" between the word and the er 儿 is not always correct.
And I have checked just now more common words like 这儿, 那儿, 花儿 (the male voice is correct, the female voice is pronounced as two normal syllables), it seems rarer words are just pronounced fully. Like 胖墩儿 for example.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Do you have extended audio for both? Sounds like you might be missing it for female. Does it play correctly with TTS in examples and such?

Last edited: