Need some help to configure my flashcards

Mehdi

举人
Because I can't configure very well the flashcards system I had decided to just not use any algorithm. But now I have reached a point where I have too many cards to review everyday. So I thought you can help me here in this thread to configure it step by step. First let me explain the situation, I have a deck of cards by day and I review six days per week. Each deck is made of the same number of cards, but each deck is different. Everytime I come across a new word I will add it to one day, and the next word to the next day and on and on in order to always keep the same number of words per deck. But now each deck are too big, more than 300 words (50% are chengyu). So it takes me at least 2 to 3 hours every day to review it, too much.

So I would like to configure the flashcards point, filters, spaced-repetition...
I hope that at least I review each word 5 times before considering as known. Of course the new words should be reviewed in priority. After for example 15 days, a word which hasn't been reviewed during this period should come back in the list.

So where should I start?

Shun

状元
Hi Mehdi, I would just start experimenting with subcategories of a relatively small size, like 100 cards, of which you study one per day (with Repeat-within-session turned on). Then you can use a Record Filter (for cards you got wrong more than 3 times, for example) or a Score Filter (for cards under 500 points) on groups of these. It's very easy & works for me.