Moving from iOS to Android

v0rt

秀才
Hey Everybody,

I'm moving from iOS to Android soon (iPhone 6 to Pixel 2). I'm planning to just re-buy Pleco and I've read the docs on the site regarding some of the differences (the doc reader is not as capable is the key one for me). For anyone with experience with the Pleco switch, is there anything else I need to know?

Thanks!

Last edited:

v0rt

秀才
Good news' Vort : you don't have to buy again Pleco (I switched one year ago) :
https://www.pleco.com/products/pleco-for-android/license-transfers/

Also, if you bought extra fonts, some are not fully compatibles with Android.
Except for that, it's very similar, don't worry ! :)

Thanks for the reassurance, shaluig! I'm actually going to continue using Pleco for reading on another iOS device that isn't my phone/always on me, which is why I'll be purchasing again.

Thanks for the reassurance, shaluig! I'm actually going to continue using Pleco for reading on another iOS device that isn't my phone/always on me, which is why I'll be purchasing again.

Na, you can "transfer" items to Android w/o losing usage on iOS - just as long as those purchases weren't originally made on Palm.

It basically just activates them, for free, on Android for you.

Put that money into some new dictionaries instead - you won't regret it.

v0rt

秀才
Na, you can "transfer" items to Android w/o losing usage on iOS - just as long as those purchases weren't originally made on Palm.

It basically just activates them, for free, on Android for you.

Put that money into some new dictionaries instead - you won't regret it.

Funny that you mention that! I think I purchased on Windows Mobile back in 2007, which I later transferred to iOS. So, it sounds like I probably would have a problem there.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Ah, didn't realize that - in that case, you can still move to Android as long as you're no longer using it on iOS (since you're not supposed to be using old Palm/WM licenses on more than one device at a time).