Motorola A3100

chimpfarm

Hi All,

Anyone know if Pleco can be installed on the Motorola A3100 Smartphone? Has Windows 6.1 and a touchscreen, but wanted to see if it had been done already before shelling out $500.

Thanks for any input!

Steve

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
FWIW, nobody's sent us any reports on the A3100 yet, but specs-wise it ought to be fine.

chimpfarm

Thanks for the heads up Mike.

I was using an HTC built Blue Angel. Worked ok, but was a flaky piece of hardware. The SD Card reader finally gave up the ghost, although the phone still works. I really like the Moto. I'll probably buy it, if I do, I'll update the thread.

Thanks again!

Steve

chimpfarm

Okay, sort of a non-update. Went to Metro today and bought the Moto. They tried to change the language to English and had zero success. I tried to change the language setting and also failed miserably. Using their laptop to Google the issue produced very little. One page said the Mainland ROMs are different from Hong Kong. So rather than throwing a 3500Y pair of dice I got a refund. So sorry to say, still no answer to this question.

Steve

Mudhead

I recently bought an A3100 in Hong Kong. English was sold out all over Mong Kok but I did manage to find a simplified version after all which is fine for me.
Well, I can say Pleco runs on it without any problems so far. So far I am also pretty satisfied with the phone. Although I have to say that I don't really use for anything besides phone calls, short messaging, and Pleco. If there are any specific questions, I could try to answer.

Christoph

Any more up to date information on the Motorola A3100. Was thinking of buying one but wanted to be sure it is OK for Pleco before splashing out. :)
all the best
John