Is it possible to import a french custom user dictionary for pop-up (for Grand Ricci)?

eibar04

Forgive my ignorance, I would like to know if it is possible to upload to pleco a dictionary not focused on Chinese characters and how to make it have a pop-up function? A french-english one would help me a lot with the Grand Ricci french words. Can I import a text file from Collins French dictionary or Wiktionary for example? How and where?

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
You can create a new user dictionary in Settings / Manage Dictionaries and then use the "Import" function to add words to it from a text file. Format is:

characters<tab>pinyin<tab>definition

one entry per line.

eibar04

But is it possible to do text hovering of words that are not CJK characters? I mean to define words with Latin alphabet in English or French, for example (using open source entries like Wordnet or Goldendict in txt format).

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
But is it possible to do text hovering of words that are not CJK characters? I mean to define words with Latin alphabet in English or French, for example (using open source entries like Wordnet or Goldendict in txt format).

No, that's not currently supported.