Include pinyin automatically when a flashcard is added

chelder86

Hi! I asked to a Chinese friend how to say a sentence. She told me. I added the sentence and its translation as flashcard (manually). I had to add pinyin manually too. I think it could be automatic!

Carlos

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That one we'd certainly like to do but it's actually quite tricky - LOTS of characters have more than one valid pronunciation.

Wan

榜眼
Why not implement a function like in Wenlin's Pinyin conversion, that will let you choose manually for every character with multiple pronunciations?

Ye Kaiwen

秀才
骑马 and 起码 both have the same pronunciation. Then you 便宜 piányi and 便宜 biànyí ... same characters with different pronunciations and tones.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sorry I somehow missed this before. Anyway, a system to let you pick the pronunciation might help but frankly we'd rather wait and come up with something fully automated if we can.

Ye Kaiwen

秀才
Sorry I somehow missed this before. Anyway, a system to let you pick the pronunciation might help but frankly we'd rather wait and come up with something fully automated if we can.

For flashcards, I don't think there would not be enough context to make a more automated system.