I Liked Your Old Logo Better

Got your long email and enjoyed reading it. You guys do a great job and are very considerate of your customers.

My only negative comment (and it's really not all that bad) is that I like your old logo better than that new one. It's probably too late anyway but you did a great job making something that is quickly identifiable, interesting, and attractive. That new one is just a bit too plain for me. Would be nice if you could have made the old logo into your icon.

Cheers!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
ConfuciusTse said:
My only negative comment (and it's really not all that bad) is that I like your old logo better than that new one. It's probably too late anyway but you did a great job making something that is quickly identifiable, interesting, and attractive. That new one is just a bit too plain for me. Would be nice if you could have made the old logo into your icon.

Thanks for the feedback.

I liked our old logo too (ought to since I designed it), but it was getting to be kind of awkward in a lot of the places we wanted to use it - decent enough on stationery, but in website banners, business cards, app startup screens, etc it was just too much detail, and we couldn't find a way to simplify it that didn't leave it even more "plain" than the new design we ended up with. But I think we'll try to keep the old one around somewhere at least, maybe on the company history page.

Alexis

状元
Hmm... Are you planning to rebrand the dictionary "Catfish"? (The whiskers, and singular set of fins make it look like a catfish, not a plecostamus). I know this only because I had a fish tank as a teenager and had a plecostamus that outlived all my other fish.