HTC Touch2 or Diamond2

leungd

Hi all,

I was wondering if any current owners of the HTC Touch2 and Diamond2 could chime in and give some suggestions/recommendations for their experience with pleco on the Touch2 or Diamond2? I've narrowed it down to the Touch2 or Diamond2 through reading reviews/forums, and I was hoping to get some user feedback specifically contrasting these two phones.

Thanks for your help! (And looking forward to using pleco).

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Haven't used them, but from the specs at least the main difference between those two models is the screen size / resolution - the Diamond2 has 5x many pixels as the Touch2 (480x800 versus 240x320) and is a bit bigger too (3.2 versus 2.8 inches diagonal). This is mostly a good thing - makes everything show up clearer / more detailed - but can also slow things down a bit, since the system has to move around a lot more pixels when rendering Chinese characters and such.

So it's basically a tradeoff of clarity versus performance - there may be some other issues here, though, as I said I'm just going by spec sheets.

chao-ren

进士
Hi Leung, I am also going mainly by spec and i am moving onto the iPhone (ah! at last..! :lol: )

The HTC Touch_2_(T3333) and HTC Diamond_2_(T5353) are both very newly released running Wm 6.5. There is also the more expensive TouchPRO 2 more expensive than both models you have mentioned. But just between the former 2, I like the Diamond because it comes with a larger screen and stylus slot. For this reason I was going to buy the Samsung OminiaPro or Louvre or Samsung_B7610 as it is variously referred to. But hearing that Mike thinks cpu power may be diverted to running a larger screen in the Diamond 2, makes me hesitant.

I believe the TouchPro2 should be a more powerful machine than the Touch_2. The advantage of TouchPro2 is that it has a Qwerty keyboard. It also has the all important stylus slot like the OmniaPro Louvre. For a Chinese Dictionary, I believe the stylus is an important requirement under WinMo. That is one of the reason I avoided the Samsung Omnia II or i8000 when it came out. But unfortunately all these machines are more expensive than the Diamond 2. They are near the ¥3000 Rmb range. Part of the reason for the high price is I suppose that they all come with a 5megapixal autofocus camera, stereo speakers, larger screen, hardware keyboards. Even Apple does not have all that except the screen. All pushing up the wrong end...in my opinion.

mfcb

状元
hi, i have a touch pro, better i should say i had, because its broken right now, and i cant express how much i hate being back to using my old Dell axim x51v WITHOUT keyboard... whenever its within you budget, get a device with hardware keyboard, you'll never want one without it afterwards...