HTC Touch Pro2

MTennant7

very quick and easy question about this device and pleco. i have previously only used pleco on front keyboard devices. When the keyboard is out and the screen tilted forward, does pleco appear in landscape or must it be picked up in order to use. I would like to use it as more of a notebook in my classes, and doing flashcards with it resting on the table rather than in my hands. Is this device appropriate for this kind of use? Thanks for your help.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Pleco's interface automatically reorganizes itself for landscape orientation - you can even configure a different dictionary list location / toolbar layout (if you want to, say, only have one row of buttons visible) - so it should be fine to use that way. The only problem with flashcard testing like that is that the mappings to some hardware buttons aren't 100% reliable, so you'll have to be careful about which keys you assign to which flashcard commands (or just use onscreen buttons with a finger / stylus).

MTennant7

Thanks so much for your quick reply. what other phones/smartbooks of this type can run pleco, i've been looking at the HTC Shift, U1000 and advantage, has anybody tried these devices for pleco. I'm not concerned with phone features but am happy to spend money on a good pleco experience that can sit on my desk during and after class for lookups/flashcard sessions like a small notebook. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

dcarpent

榜眼
I bought the Verizon HTC Touch Pro2 a couple of weeks ago and my choice was dictated primarily by my desire to run Pleco on it. I've been using in pretty intensely since then and I'm very happy with the phone. I don't have much to compare it with as I'm pretty new to Pleco, and to smartphones for that matter, but based on my experience so far I would recommend it.