How to find the radical ???

Hartville

秀才
After highlighting the character, sometimes it does not highlight, I tap on the radical
button and three boxes are shown none of which has the radical of the character.
At the top of the screen are two small boxes; a radical box which is empty and a strokes box. Below these boxes is a larger box which has a good number of radicals but doesn't
indicate which is the radical of the character that I am looking for. Can someone help
me show me how to find the radical of a character? Thanks.

ldolse

状元
The large box it shows you isn't the list of radicals - it's the box of all the characters that share the same radical as the character you just highlighted. In order to see the radical just scroll to the top of the large box, the actual radical is at the very beginning of the list of characters.

2.0 has a nice character info screen which makes the radical much more obvious....

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I'm not sure why that radical box is empty, though - might be some sort of a glitch with the font not being sized correctly on VGA Pocket PCs. But yeah, it should still be listed as the first character in the big box.

Unless you've enabled the somewhat-confusing "select rad on fullscreen rad input" option in Preferences, in which case if you simply turn that off that should get the radical to display correctly when you open the screen.

ldolse

状元
I think that's a general windows mobile edition bug - I don't recall ever seeing the box filled in if I go to radicals while a character is highlighted.

Hartville

秀才
Thanks, with your help the problem is sloved. I just hope that the new Pecodict 2.0 is easier to use in all aspects especially regarding the fashcards. You have a very good
product however the only hitch is that is very hard for the non-technical people to use.