how to delete dictionaries?

xiaomama

All right, I'm a little slow but I finally did order my PlecoDict basic and am feeling my way around (though perplexed that the Chinese for "boring" can only be found under "boredom". Anyway when I originally asked about ordering Basic with the Professional Demo installed, I was told that I could just unlock Basic and delete the ABC and NWP dictionaries; but I cannot figure out how to do that. Could someone walk me through it? Thanks!

xiaomama

Me again. Maybe answering my own question. For whatever reason, the ABC and NWP options disappeared on their own after a few minutes. Did they uninstall themselves?

If so, I now have a totally different question. (maybe I should start a new thread but I hate to mess up the forum) For whatever reason, it never occurred to me to try the Tutorial in the Manual while I was still in Demo mode. I basically just played around and asked question in this forum. Now that I have done the tutorial with only Oxford installed I am discovering that the examples in the Manual must be from ABC and NWP. And that what I find most appealing about my favorite dictionaries, i.e. the providing of examples of sentence usage in pinyan, as shown for example with "aiqing" or "anjing" doesn't seem to happen with the Oxford dictionary. Am I wrong about this. Should I have purchased the ABC/NWP package instead of the Oxford? I guess if I had understood PlecoDict better I would have realized all those examples in the Manual were not with the Basic package. Still, I wish it had said so.

ldolse

状元
That is one downside of Oxford, no Pinyin, just Hanzi. It's not so bad though, because 2.0 will be out soon and you'll get free upgrade. 2.0 has a really nice pop-up definition feature which makes reading those example sentences very easy.

ipsi

状元
Agreed on that - it probably should mention that all the examples come from the ABC/NWP dictionaries... But yes, the pop-up dictionary feature in 2.0 makes things so much easier.

Also, ABC and NWP aren't 'uninstalled', they're just hiding. If you tap/hold the dictionary icon then you'll see they're still there. They just don't come for whatever reason (that I can't remember right now).