How to continue a previous flashcard session??

stoney

举人
I have have a flashcard session with 700 cards. If I get through 300 cards and have to quit, when I go back to do flashcards i have to start the session back at card #1. Is there a way to continue the session at card #300 where I left off?

renovator

榜眼
In the meantime there are a couple of things you can do in 1.0 to achieve similar results. Instead of quitting Pleco application, click the on/off switch on your phone. That keeps the application open but stopped. That way the timer, for example does not keep running and when you switch phone back on you will be at the last card you worked on. I am not sure this works with all phones, but does with my current and last phone.

You can also set up repitition spacing. That way it would break up your cards into multiple stacks. When you quit, you would always start back at card 1 but as you get that card right it would move up in rank and go into another stack. That way your stack of 700 cards would soon be made up of smaller more manageable daily stacks and you would work most often on the cards you have the most trouble with.

ipsi

状元
On my 680, at least, the timer keeps on ticking despite the screen being turned off. This, I think, makes it keep using battery as though it was turned on (or rather more than it should with the screen off in any case). Best to have a play around with it.

renovator

榜眼
IPSI, Are you sure that your timer keeps on ticking? The reason I ask is that on both of my phones, what happens is that the timer keeps on ticking for 6 seconds so if you do a short test it appears that the timer keeps going. Try turning on/off switch off for one minute and see if it only adds 6 seconds or the entire minute. I was going to put this in my initial post but then thought it make become too confusing.

ipsi

状元
Nope, quite happily keeps on ticking. It also doesn't activate the Keyguard thing that pops up when you turn the screen on - you can happily start interacting as soon as you hit the button.

daniu

榜眼
Hi!

On my Dell Axim X51V (which is not a phone) if I do that usually the session stops. Sometimes it doesn't but I have not found out when it reacts how ...

best regards
Daniel