Help! Problems Downloading Pleco on Dopod S1

After downloading the 'pccomplete103b.exe' file, my computer computer tells me the relevant files have not been found. it then installs junk and tells me that the file may not have been installed successfully.
Also is this file to be saved directly to my PDA memory card, or first intsalled to my laptop and then copied over? If it is the former, this is also a problem as when looking for locations to save the file in, my Dopod doesnt appear there.
Any help gratefully received, Cheers.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
The installer is supposed to be run on your computer, it queues the files up to copy over by ActiveSync. The failed install is probably happening because your handheld is running out of internal memory - Microsoft for some boneheaded reason stores all installation data files in internal memory while they're installing, even if they're eventually going to be installed to a memory card, so you need at least 30-40 MB of it free in order for an install to complete smoothly. If you install Pleco one component at a time (choose just ABC in the Choose Components screen, then just NWP, Oxford, Pleco Engine, and finally Song Font) you might have better luck.

You could also just try installing the now release-candidate Pleco 2.0, which has a new installer that works around ActiveSync's failure-prone system altogether by copying files directly to the card.