Flashcards: synthetic sentence integration & cloud sync system

I.A.

Hi,

I use Pleco for Android and am quite happy with it, but I have two questions:

- I have bought both the pre-recorded and synthethic (Lulu) voice. It works well but in the Flashcards, the audio is the pre-recorded one (which is cool) but the sentences have no icon in front of them to play the synthetic pronunciation of the sentence like in the dictionary. Is there a way to have that on the flashcards as well?

- do you believe there will be a cloud sync system for the flashcards soon?

Best regards,

IA

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
- I have bought both the pre-recorded and synthethic (Lulu) voice. It works well but in the Flashcards, the audio is the pre-recorded one (which is cool) but the sentences have no icon in front of them to play the synthetic pronunciation of the sentence like in the dictionary. Is there a way to have that on the flashcards as well?

At the moment the only way to do that would be to highlight the headword and then tap > to bring it up in a separate dictionary definition screen; we haven't really put much thought into example-sentences-in-flashcards since they're hidden by default anyway.

- do you believe there will be a cloud sync system for the flashcards soon?

Hopefully, but we're still trying to decide whether to release it before we've added conflict resolution support (without which you'd basically need to manually pick one version of a database or the other if the copy on your device and the copy on the server were both modified since the last sync). We're trying that on iOS via iCloud, but if we get a lot of complaints about the "pick a version of your database to use" prompt, we might not bother adding cloud sync support to Android until we've addressed that issue (by giving the system the ability to automatically merge changes from two different database versions).