Flashcards: Certain cards do not show up

NikHK

Hi,

firstly thank you for creating Pleco! It has been a great aid in my Chinese studies.

Problem: Certain cards refuse to show up in the test sessions - although all other cards in that flashcard category have been reviewed almost 10 times (see first pic).

My flashcard set up:

I use 3 different score cards (reading, writing, listening) with 6 different test set ups (separating new cards and revisions) - following closely edsko.
So my "Listening - new words" test is set up like that:
  1. In Card selection - System: Random (this is the default).
  2. In Basic Settings set Max number of cards to 20, card categories - all relevant are ticked.
  3. In Card filters enable the History filter, set Include card if to not correct in a row, and Is >= to 3.
  4. In Commands enable Repeat incorrect cards.
  5. Scorecard "Listening".
Now this problem occurs with categories that are otherwise very mature, that is all other cards in the category have been reviewed many times.

The only difference between the words that do not get included (see 天, 打球)and words that get included (see 行)is that the latter were initially imported with a text file. The words that make problems were added from a dictionary in pleco.

I attach a picture of how these words appear in the category list (see 天 - which has never been reviewed).
Additionally a picture of the screen when I click through to the vocab.

If you have any ideas how to solve this issue, I would be very grateful. Even forcing the card to the pool does not seem to have any effect.

Attachments

• see tian1 and da3qiu2.png
    see tian1 and da3qiu2.png
    238.4 KB · Views: 476
  • word that does not get included.png
    word that does not get included.png
    98.9 KB · Views: 440
Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hmm... could you email or PM me a backup of your flashcard database? Very odd bug, this...