Flashcard difficult to use

GOGOon

Hello.
I want to ask about the flashcard function.
I found the auto add word function on the ankidroid of xxx dictionary. Very simple and easy to do.
Why is not Pleco so?
I do not want to use xxx because its audio is not correct.
Hope you guys do add functionality to ankidroid simple and easy to use so.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
We offer AnkiDroid integration too - configure it in Settings / Flashcards. It's in our free app, and uses AnkiDroid itself as a backend rather than trying to keep data in sync - will find duplicates even among cards it didn't create.

hgtjoa

We offer AnkiDroid integration too - configure it in Settings / Flashcards. It's in our free app, and uses AnkiDroid itself as a backend rather than trying to keep data in sync - will find duplicates even among cards it didn't create.
I have an old version of Pleco - could I use this AnkiDroid thing? How about if I migrate to the Amazon Fire?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
You need a pretty new version of Pleco. An Amazon Kindle Fire that runs Android 4.0 or later should be able to run the latest version of Pleco, but in general, if you're considering a new device I'd stay away from those and get a tablet running official Google Android instead; won't give you any less access to Amazon e-books etc but will give you access to a lot of Google services (maps, Google Play, text-to-speech, voice search, etc) you wouldn't have on the Kindle.

Ben3Ben3

Can I add cards directly from Pleco to Ankidroid? Or is it just for repetition? (because if I click on the little +, nothing happens). I use the newest version of Pleco and Ankidroid.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Have you configured Pleco's interface with your AnkiDroid models in Settings / Flashcards? It can't create cards until you do that (though it should be giving you an error message).

hello_tk

Bug report - I recently was unable to see the option to enable AnkiDroid integration in the flash card settings, even though I had it installed. I did enable the integration when it first came out, but I disabled it shortly afterward due to its buggy state at the time. I had to uninstall and reinstall both apps to see the option again.

Bug report 2 - when making cloze cards where the dictionary entry is the last character in the example sentence, the resulting AnkiDroid entry is missing the final "}}". For example, go to the dictionary entry for "國家" and add the first Pleco dict entry, "社会主义国家". The resulting cloze field entry is "社会主义{{c1::国家".

Last edited: