[Feature Request] Stroke Enhancement?

helloguys

秀才
Before I ran into Pleco, I was using an App called "eStroke for iPad". It's major function is to teach people the correct order of strokes (Chinese).

There are some features I like very much and wish Pleco can have the same:

1) Number of strokes - so you know the order of strokes without having to "play" them.

2) Writing mode - you may use your finger to trace the strokes.

3) Test mode - order numbers are hidden. You'll have to write the strokes in correct order. If you did it right, it'll fill and pronounce each stroke's name (such as 竖、横折). If you didn't it wrong, it'll play a warning sound.

4) It'll also have a "play" mode (which Pleco already has). But it has the option of pronounce the stroke's name while playing (Mandarin or Cantonese).

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0957.PNG
    IMG_0957.PNG
    353.6 KB · Views: 551
  • IMG_0958.PNG
    IMG_0958.PNG
    397.6 KB · Views: 628
  • IMG_0959.PNG
    IMG_0959.PNG
    292.6 KB · Views: 586

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
We actually already support #1 - the stroke count should appear at the top right corner of the STROKE tab. We also support our own version of #3 via the "stroke order" test in flashcards.

#2 we've had a few requests for - we actually added the 'lock' button to the STROKE tab so that people can trace over strokes without writing anything that way, but drawing support might be nice too. Pronunciation via #4 I'd have to see more requests for - as far as I know you're the first person to ever ask for that one.

helloguys

秀才
We actually already support #1 - the stroke count should appear at the top right corner of the STROKE tab.

Sorry, I meant the "order number of each stroke, not the total stroke counts. See screenshot for details.

Also, "eStroke" has the green lines to show how to trace each stroke (directions).

Thanks!