Document reader for windows

dustpuppy

榜眼
I'm chatting with chinese people on QQ, of course i'm struggling with the language and using a translator at the same time. Most of the time I know the words they are typing in pinyin, I just can't recognize the characters. So i'm looking for something like the Pleco document reader, but for windows.

Ideally I could just paste in a sentence in chinese, and it would let me click on every character and show me a translation + pinyin.

Does anyone know of such a software package ?
Thanks

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
There's also Wenlin - supposedly coming out with a new version soon. They use the same wonderful ABC dictionary that we do, and have a ton of other cool features like stroke order diagrams / component breakdowns / character etymology / extremely robust radical/component search functions.

goulniky

榜眼
mikelove said:
There's also Wenlin - supposedly coming out with a new version soon...

Incidentally, they just announced to their Wenlin FANS the launch of the Wenlin Institute Store

Here's their reply to my question about their plans for a new release :

Wenlin said:
It's true we haven't had a face lift in a while. We have been working hard on it though and hope to have it in Q4. It's a great upgrade when it comes out. I hope that begins to get you excited about it.

No indication of what it entails though :?