Display Characters bigger in flashcard mode

Kris

秀才
Haven't found that topic being discussed before, which is why I'd like to ask, if or how characters can be displayed bigger while in flashcard (self grade) mode. My phone screen is small and I find them quite hard to read, yet couldn't find a resizing option in the settings menu.

Cheers

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Option there is in New Test / Display, mostly because we want you to able to use different character sizes in different test profiles (rather than setting them once in settings and having them apply everywhere).

HW60

状元
Probably not the right thread, but about flashcards and size of characters:

I made a category for grammar words. I want to sort the flashcards of this category manually. The sort information is part of the definition field (custom cards). But when I start with Organize Cards, select the category and tap EDIT, the number of flashcards of the current screen gets about twice as much, but with the same font size. Therefore I can see the headword and half of the pinyin, but no definition. I can still sort the flashcards, but it takes a long time. Is it possible to display the same number of flashcards as before EDIT?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
This is on Android, right? Known issue which should be worked around in a few releases - we've kept it on the back burner hoping that Google would eventually give us an official system UI for reordering lists (as iOS has had for 9 years now), but they still haven't, so we need to overhaul our own custom one.