Copy ability - Voice Speed

I'm not sure if either of these are options or not, I couldn't find them.

1) Being able to Copy the Zhuyin / Pinyin, and the definitions to the clipboard.

2) Being able to speed up or slow down the voice audio files. I find that the playback is slower then, at least the way my family speaks. And would also help train my listening. 2a) This would also be good for the flashcards, an option to test our listening, even have it change the speeds on its own.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
1) Being able to Copy the Zhuyin / Pinyin, and the definitions to the clipboard.

Yes - there are commands to do this in the menu (top right corner of the screen) and you can also do it via the tap-hold menu on a dictionary entry.

2) Being able to speed up or slow down the voice audio files. I find that the playback is slower then, at least the way my family speaks. And would also help train my listening. 2a) This would also be good for the flashcards, an option to test our listening, even have it change the speeds on its own.

Is this with TTS? If so then yes, you can configure that in Settings / General.

Thanks Mike,

1) Ah, thanks, this will work but not quite what I was looking for. It would be nice to be able to highlight any text that way you can copy just the portion you desire. Or like the windows version of MDBG, you are able to choose from simplified, traditional, pinyin, Zhuyin, the definition and or everything.

2) Not the Test to Speech, I'm talking about "Audio Pronunciation" http://www.pleco.com/anmanual/dict.html#audio

Thank You

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
1) Ah, thanks, this will work but not quite what I was looking for. It would be nice to be able to highlight any text that way you can copy just the portion you desire. Or like the windows version of MDBG, you are able to choose from simplified, traditional, pinyin, Zhuyin, the definition and or everything.

There's a copy headword option there as well, but if you want to be able to select portions of an entry exactly I'm afraid that's currently only supported by our iOS app.

2) Not the Test to Speech, I'm talking about "Audio Pronunciation" http://www.pleco.com/anmanual/dict.html#audio

No way to adjust the speed of that at the moment.